Friday, June 21, 2013

Crocheted Bonnet

It is said that crochet and stuffs out of it are exclusive only for girls. Maybe the art of crocheting is best for women but there are some crocheted stuff that could fit to any boys/men.

Remember the bonnet I have mentioned in my previous post? The bonnet is made for a six-year old boy. It is made out of Red Heart 4ply yarn. I just can't remember the shade number because I think I have already thrown the tag but it was a chocolate brown color.




This is the crocheted bonnet I have made.












This bonnet is made up of continuous rows of half double crochet in back loops only all throughout until you reach the measurement of the head. The width of the piece must correspond to the head size and the height of this hat is about 8.5" to 9".

After making rows of half double crochet, you are to whip stitch the sides together and going to weave the top by pulling the yarn tightly. At first attempt in doing the top, I got a problem because when I pulled the yarn, the hole was still there. On the second try, I wove the yarn with wider space in between stitches and finally I gathered all the sides with no hole =)

This is how it look outside.



Can you see the mark on the top? I think it is just that difficult to pull the yarn so tight because the piece will become thicker as it makes folds.













Inside.



I made sure that the ends are woven back to the body of the bonnet.










After stitching the sides and the top, you just have to fold a cuff to design the bonnet.























Hope you like it! You can now make something for your little boy or make one as a gift.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like my Posts? Share it!

Like the Post? Do share with your Friends.