Saturday, January 12, 2013

What Started my Crochet Addiction?


As others say, when you get hooked on something you get addicted to it. And you can hardly resist to an addiction. Well for me, I get addicted to crochet. I really am. I go over the web to search for free crochet patterns, gathering information on how can I improve my skills in crocheting. I also bought a new hook and more yarns. I think I've been on this thing for about two years and I just can't get enough. I keep on revising and making patterns to produce a beautiful creation.

So what really started my crochet addiction?

Here is the answer!








A very old book of Needle Craft published in 1955. As I remember, this book was given to us by our neighbor when they were disposing some old books. The front cover was ripped off already. It's really old for it has marks of holes caused by bookworms.

It has numbers of chapters for different kinds of needle crafts.




















Under the Chapter for crocheting, it shows the basics instruction on how to do crochet and some free patterns for dresses, hats, shoes and others accessories. The book also includes the different sizes of hooks that made in steel, wood and plastic.



















So, this is my first tutor in doing crochet.

I'm gonna share some other portions of this book on my follow up posts.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Like my Posts? Share it!

Like the Post? Do share with your Friends.